Before Office-Based Anesthesia / Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment (May be different for a child).
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home after discharge.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience or while taking narcotic pain medicine.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, fever please notify the office in advance of your appointment.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Byrne prior to your surgical date for specific instructions (certain medications should not be stopped prior to surgery).